Sunday, January 18, 2009

Taking everything into account

I forgot my password, and I could only retrieve in in German. As I was trying to read the German and figure out what to do, my mother-in-law came into our room carrying a chair and speaking German dialect with her heavy Russian accent. 

"I have no idea what you're saying," I said to her as she carried the chair to the corner of the room and set it down. 

She does this. She's not actually talking to me. She's just giving herself a play by play of what she's doing. If I were to translate it, it would sound something like:

"I have this chair and I'm carrying it to the corner of the bedroom. Now I'm standing on the chair and looking to see what's on top of Anna's closet. Edgar said he needed something, and I'm pretty sure I put it on here. After, I will step down off the chair-carefully, and I will call my daugther to gossip about what happened at Igor's today."

It was probably rude of me to even intrude on her reiteration of her tasks! 

No comments: