Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The battle

Our springtime weather was short lived. The snow has returned. It's thick, wet snow that quickly covered all colour early spring had brought us. The other day, we went for a run around the small lake down the street. While we were stretching, I kept hearing croaks. Slowly, I crept towards the lake and saw about 4 or 5 bullfrogs sitting on the bank singing to each other. I tried to motion to Anna and quietly as I could, but it wasn't quiet enough, they stopped their song and all but one jumped into the water. I think he was on watch or something because he wouldn't move. Even when I poked him with a stick! Then, I thought he might be dead so I kinda threw the stick at him... that made him move. Anna chastised me after that and said, "Oh, and you claim to love animals?"

Are frogs animals? While I was looking for a picture of this frog sign that comes up every spring along roads (they literally cover the streets making them very slippery... and gross) I found this

without owls there's no toast! Without moles there's no pizza!!! AND without the frog there is no beer! Well, I won't be throwing sticks at frogs anymore.  Also, I love owls. They look like cats with wings.  

No comments: