Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Planes in hell part 1.

I couldn't sleep the night before I got on the plane. I tried to but each time sleep would overcome me, Preston would snore cough and wake me up. By 3 a.m I figured it was useless and just started gathering my things.

I took a cab to the skytrain station and when I jumped out a familiar transient came up to me. In a bad australian accent, he asked if he could ask me a question. "I can't. I have to catch this skytrain or I'm going to be late!" I said and walked away. "Wait! Just let me ask you something!" He said and followed me to the escalator. Obviously he didn't want to ask me anything about where to go in Vancouver or a good restaurant or he would've coughed it out. He wanted to lay some sad sob story on me in order to give him money. Well, I've given him money before! Like four years ago! "Sorry. If you're from Australia, you understand how important it is to be on time for your plane so no, I have to go." I said and went down the escalator. He totally flipped out. Started screaming FUCKKKK! FUCKKK! AHHH!!! Day not starting off too good, I thought.

Hanging out in the Vancouver aiport wasn't too bad. Except for the bird that almost gave me a heart attack. My plane loaded on time, and I was seated next to a nice woman with braces, and we had the middle seat free! Okay, maybe this won't be too bad. Except it was. She had to bladder of an infant and made me get up 5 times during our 5 hour flight to go to the bathroom. The flight hit turbulance 1 hour in. At first it was just moderately bumpy--I could deal, but then it got crazy. The plane was going left, right, up, down. I looked at the flight attendents and even they looked worried. They remained seated for most of the flight too. It didn't help that the captain kept coming on and telling us that he was trying to get through it. TRYING??? It was the hugest relief when the plane touched down, twice, on the runway. Seriously, the plane bounced when we landed. Now I had 5 hours to prepare myself for the next flight.

I couldn't find my flight listed anywhere, so I went to the gate where it was supposed to be and nodded off in an uncomfortable position. I decided to try to give updates on my computer, but I knew it was almost out of juice so I'd better plug it in. Too bad I left my adaptor at Preston's house. Then I went to get something to eat since I refused to cereal they tried to feed us on the plane, but my bank card wouldn't work. I was so tired that I couldn't help stop my eyes from welling up. Fortuantely for me, it was just the bank machine and I was able to take out 20 dollars from another one. I got some gross wendy's and went back to my gate.

At around 5pm, one hour before my flight was supposed to start boarding, a woman came over the PA and asked if anyone was waiting for a flight to Frankfurt. I went up to the counter and she told me that my flight had been cancelled. She found me another flight to London with a connection to Frankfurt that was leaving in half an hour. She apologized and gave me a 12 dollar food voucher which I used to buy the biggest jamba juice ever.

The London flight was alright. I had a tv in the back of my chair, and I watched Up, Back to the Future, Bonnie and Clyde, and Mrs. Doubtfire. I shared the aisle with an old couple who didn't bother me at all. For dinner, I had chicken and rice with salad and some delicious cookies. I couldn't get wasted on the plane because you had to use your interact or visa--no cash. The flight was pretty swell until I sneezed and got a bleeding nose that wouldn't stop. Other than that, it was smooth flying.

to be continued... must eat cold donair now. It is 5 a.m. I have been sleeping since 8pm.

No comments: