Monday, December 7, 2009

Planes in hell part 2

Okay, so I'm in London, and I have to catch my connecting flight to Frankfurt, but I really don't know where to go. I followed the crowd of people until I saw a sign that said "Terminal 4 - contintental." I made my way over there, took my shoes, belt, and jacket off, emptied my pockets, took my lap top out of my bag and went through security only to be told that I had to go to Terminal 1, and I best hurry because the bus was leaving soon!

Once I was on the bus, I noticed something was wrong with my coat. I took my back pack off and discovered the back button had fallen off somewhere (who knows what country) and the piece of fabric that was attached to it was left dangling. Great.

I got off the bus and went to security for Terminal 1 which was about 5 times more busy than security at Terminal 4. I went through all the motions again with removing the shoes, laptop, and belt but for some reason--I beeped. The security guard called me over and told me to spread 'em. Without disengaging in her conversation with the other guard, she felt me up, every single inch of my body. I was hoping that the first person to touch me like in 2 months would've been my wife but plans change. I grabbed my stuff, feeling somewhat dirty, and went to the lobby.

Now that I had slept a bit on the plane, I was able to understand my ticket. My plane wasn't arriving in Frankfurt at 11:45 a.m. it was actually leaving from London at that time. Shiiiiiiiit. I exchanged my american and canadian dollars for a measly 8 pounds. It took 4 pounds to call Anna and tell her that, then my nose started to bleed again.

The plane to Frankfurt was a medium sized one. I had a whole row of seats to myself. There was a screaming baby five rows away from me and the couple behind me had a screaming baby which made my fear of flying evaporate. All I wanted was for that fucking plane to be in the sky so I could put my ipod on and just zone out.

My nose started to bleed again.

After 26 hours, I finally touched down in Germany. Seeing Anna was amazing. Home is where she is. After all that, seeing her face made it all worth it. Let's just hope I don't have to go through that huge ordeal to go back to Canada because there will be no Anna waiting for me there.

No comments: