Monday, June 23, 2008

Homeward bound...

Three more days until I embark on my journey back to Canada. We're going to London first. The ticket was a lot cheaper if I flew out from Gatwick, so I arranged it with Greg for us to stay with him. He was going to meet Anna, we'd catch up, and we'd have our own tour guide for London. Unfortuantely, he has been exiled from the UK and had to flee to Paris a few days ago. It was so dramatic. During phone conversations with him, I felt like we were plotting to escape the war. Thankfully, he still has his apartment in London, so we still have a place to stay. I just can't eat Andrew's cheese. Must make mental note to only eat the Canadian cheddar. Can't be too hard. 

The next three days are full of errands. I need to find a mützen for Eli. I tried to tell him that I couldn't find one, but he wouldn't take that for an answer. He was like, "Well, I'm sure there are a lot of big cities around you. Can't you just go to a bike store there?" Yes, I could... Oh, and I need to buy cigarettes for mom. Even though smoking is pretty much illegal in Canada, I'm sure she'll enjoy smoking her German cigarettes in the privacy of her own home. 

It's definitely going to be weird to come home. Preston filled me in on all the new stores downtown. I enjoyed the stories about the drapes over the cigarettes. Anna and I had an argument last night about smoking. I said if there wasn't a smoke pit at my school, I probably wouldn't have been so tempted to hang out in it and smoke. She said that was stupid. She walked past her schools designated smoke area every day and SHE didn't feel the need to smoke. I guess it's the same thing with hiding the cigarettes. Some will be tempted while others won't.  And the one's that are tempted will be called stupid by their loving wives. Fair enough I guess.

Well, I need to go downtown and pick up the keys for Greg's place at the post office. I really hope he included detailed instructions that a five-year-old could understand...

No comments: