Monday, May 25, 2009

Do dogs eat horses?

I'm reading my livejournal from 2005. I miss my everyday musings, so I'm going to attempt to keep up with this thing.. again.

Yesterday we went to this little village outside of Konstanz to see this canyon. Anna decided not to tell me how far or how long it would take us to reach said canyon. After an hour or so of hiking along a narrow, muddy path, a sign said "2.5 km" I wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't 7 p.m. and 27 degrees out! Anyway, I agreed to trek on but only for another half an hour since I didn't want to get trapped in the forest after dark... that's when the german werewolves come out...

We came to a fork in the road. On one side there was a girl with a horse, on the other side, rabid dogs. Seriously, the ran from their masters toward the horse all barking with the hackles up. Anna stayed back because she thought the dogs were going to rip the horse apart then get all blood lust and go after us. We decided to avoid the dogs and go up the hill instead. After a few km's, a bees nest, and pond with lots of baby frogs, I decided we went in the wrong direction. We did make it to another canyon, which I thought was the original one, but Anna said there was supposed to be a beach and a kiosk.

Holding back my frustration, we turned around and went back home. We did find a nice free beach though.

No comments: