Sunday, May 24, 2009

Turn it off

ugh, I really need to stop watching so much T.V. on my computer. I'm losing my sense of reality! Take for instance, yesterday my nose started to bleed while Anna and I were on the way to the grocery store.

"I can't go in there like this, can you handle it on your own?" I asked her. She agreed and I walked back the apartment. By the time I was home, the nosebleed had almost stopped. Great, I thought, I can relax and maybe play some GTA until Anna comes home. No chance of that. As soon as I got rid of the clot, my nose started gushing blood. This never happens! I always get rid of the clot, but I guess I was a little too quick on the trigger.

I stood in the bathroom over the sink for about 10 minutes, trying to get the bleeding to calm down. It just kept gushing out, down my face, onto my shirt. Then, I recalled an episode of Six Feet Under that I watched a few weeks ago where the beginning death scene was a lady waiting in line to see a Dr. Phil like personality. Her nose started to bleed, so she stayed outside to wait for it to stop, but then it started gushing and gushing and then she died. Well, as soon as I remembered this I started to freak the fuck out. It didn't help that blood was pouring into the back of my throat and filling up my mouth. I grabbed the phone to call Anna and make her come back home, but she left her phone at home. When I heard her cell phone ring, my heart started pounding, and I started to hyperventilate. And still, the nosebleed had not let up. So, I called my mom.

Eli answered the phone. I tried to sound as calm as possible, but he knew something was wrong. So for the next 15 minutes, he and my mom talked me off a ledge and gave me several different tips on trying to stop this monster of a nosebleed.

By the time Anna had come home; the bathroom was speckled with blood, I had given up on toilet paper and was just using a face cloth, and the bleeding had finally slowed down. There was no brain hemorrhage, just an insane, stubborn nose bleed. Maybe it's time to get my nose cauterized again...

No comments: