Thursday, May 14, 2009

This is how I remember

I woke up last night because I couldn't breathe. It felt like someone was sitting on my chest. I walked around the apartment to try to loosen it up, but I ended up just falling asleep thinking I was going to die. Maybe it's the weather.

Yesterday it rained the hardest I've ever seen it rain--anywhere. I told Anna that if we got naked and walked outside with some shampoo, our hair would've been shiny and clean. I like the thunderstorms here. The thunder sounds like the sky is slowly ripping open like a loose seam on a tight pair of pants. As Anna and I walked home from the grocery store, the sky was flashing and breaking apart above us. We looked at each other and giggled always remembering that first night we spent together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was beautifully written.