Monday, May 4, 2009

Broken German Robot

I start my german course tomorrow, and I'm totally freaked out. It's all in german.. there are no english explainations.. I'm freaked out because there's usually one word per sentence that I don't understand. Doesn't seem like too big of a deal, right? Unfortunately, the word I don't understand is usually the word required for understanding the whole sentence. It's like "Please mashrnidlci the sentence and fihgoijw the words." Sure thing... right on it... Oh well. I'll bring my german dictionary and just pray that the teacher doesn't want me to talk all the time.

I took out my lip piercing the other day. I did it while intoxicated after Anna and I visited the lesbian bar here. Anna thought I would regret it in the morning, but I've wanted to do this for awhile because I was pretty sure I was destroying my teeth by constantly playing with it. Now I have a little hole while I hope because a little smaller and is often mistaken for a freckle. Thank god I have so many freckles. I'm suffering from phantom limb though and keep trying to play it. Why isn't the metal scraping against my gums!

Oh yeah, the gay bar.... I used to read this political lesbian comic back in the day called "Dykes to watch out for." It wasn't funny or thoughtful... it was all about PCness, the conservative agenda, global warming, dykes on the job, and all that other crap that most people don't want to see in a comic, but I still loved it. Anyway, when we walked into the bar, Bella Donna, I felt like I had just stepped into one of the DTWOF comic strips. At any moment, I thought Moe would saunter in to chastise me about going to starbucks and buying books online... Bad vibes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember this! these "comics" didn't you have a book in our bathroom on Albert st? So totally PCness!But I liked it.
I always get phantom limb when I take out my lebret. The dentist was once again wow by the fact that my gums arn't worn away because It's been in so long!

Jessica said...

Yes!! It was my bathroom book for soooo long.. I think I threw them away a few years ago because they were all wrinkly from the damp bathroom air.