Thursday, May 28, 2009

strawberries

May is coming to an end. I think it's the first May in a long time that hasn't been terrible. There are still three days left, so maybe I'm jinxing myself. Anna is fucking with my flow right now. I'm digressing, don't even get me started on her! Anyway, May has always been awful for me. Ever since I was 14. I think that's when I first got the depression. I remember sitting in my room listening to Celine Dion (on the radio.... ) and sitting on my floor trying to roll a joint and just feeling this overwhelming sadness. No sadness this month. Maybe it's the intensly hot weather or the erratic thunderstorms that are keeping my emotions in check.

There was a job posting in the paper for a strawberry picker. I think that would be fun. I think I would have to buy a prairie dress, a gigantic straw hat, and a satchel and learn some chuch hymns in order to fit the part. Or, maybe I should buy some overalls... Are there lots of bees near strawberries? If so, no deal. I remember Beefcake used to love to hang out in the strawberry patch in my mom's backyard. I miss that guy. Harvey this summer! He is going to love the backyard. And mom is going to love him.

No comments: