Sunday, May 31, 2009

Crossing borders

Yesterday we walked to Switzerland (whoa, I totally forgot how to spell that for a second) because we wanted to see what their grocery stores are like. I trapped myself in a sweater because it was cold and windy when we got groceries at our local. However, on the way there, I soon discovered it was fucking boiling out, and I was wearing a black t-shirt with a red hoodie. I could've taken the sweater off, but then I would've looked gross. No time for that.

Once we made it to Kreuzlingen, we tried to cross the street at one of those zebra crosswalks, but some douchebag decided to almost run us over and then he had the audacity to honk at us! I raised my arms in protest and said, "What! It's a crosswalk!" Then he made a sign that means I'm stupid. I should've kicked his car. After that, we were scared to cross the street.

I saw a man and his dog, and his dog was trying to bite him, so he kept yanking it up in the air by it's leash. I was like, "Christ, if someone kept holding me up in mid-air by a leash, I'd try to bite them too!" I don't understand why some people get animals if they don't like them.

After roaming around the town for a bit, we finally stumbled across a mall. We almost circled the entire building before we found an entrance. What kind of mall only has 1 entrance?? A Swiss mall. Inside, the mall was circular, like a slinky. The grocery store, COOP, was gigantic. The first thing we saw was the beer aisle. We were like kids in a candy store. They had all my favorite beer! Well, almost.. no Canadian beer.. but they did have cans of Dr. Pepper. We also found Canadian Bison steaks, but they cost about 30 swiss francs, and we only took out 20. So, we bought a bunch of beer and some cookies and made our way back to Germany.

By the time we got home, the tape I used to fix my shoe had worn away. That's how I knew it was good walk.

No comments: